Monday, February 3, 2014

Legacy

"I used to be the type of kid that would always think the sky is falling....
Why am I so differently wired? ... Am I a Martian? " - MM

A question that has plagued my existence since I've become aware of the very notion that I do in fact exist....

On the outside looking in, best way to describe this sensation...

Belonging to a lost generation of art-crazed hippies who desire nothing more than to think critically and effortlessly change the world....simply by being.

Repression. Be "normal". Fit in. Don't stand out.

How does one maintain an identity in a world that thrives off anonymity?

That's the key. Defeat.

Separation. Elevation.

"I used to be the type of kid that would always think the sky is falling...
Now I think the fact that I'm differently wired is awesome..." - MM

Because if I wasn't.....

Black void. Full of nothingness. Darkness. A blank space on the stencil that consists of my etches, my impact, my print on the world.

There's no guarantee.... It's not up to me.

This is my Legacy.

1 comment:

  1. "Desire nothing more than to think critically and effortlessly change the world...simply by being"

    Why is it not possible to for more people to feel this way without it no longer making them feel alienated, but we could just feed off everyone's energy..learn and grow with each other, and not judge those we don't agree with.

    I wonder how much the world will progress then, if everyone can contribute a personality, a new identity, and a new idea

    ReplyDelete